Cant order products with multivariant on iOS/ Android

2 years 9 months ago 2 years 9 months ago by .
More
Topic Author
Cant order products with multivariant on iOS/ Android #4579
I have a live site which uses VM3.0.16 & VMuikit 3.1.6. Many of the products are set up to use multi variant options & these work well in large browsers, large ipad size & even in a computer browser when you squash the screen down to test ;)

But when you test on a real, small device like a iOS or Android phone, there is problems.
When you select the 1st (or any) dropdown option, you can then not select a second option as the dropdown selection appears blank & the message "Choose A Variant" message remains in place.
When there is only 1 variant available, when you choose an option, it still says "Choose a variant".
In a large screen, this works fine and allows you to choose the options you want & then checkout.

So I copied my site into a subdomain, updated Yoo_Avenue to the latest, updated virtuemrt to latest 3.0.18 & updated VMuikit to 3.2.6 too
Tested with PHP7 & PHP5.6, but still get the same issues when testing with a real device & not just squashing the screen down.

When testing, I notice that when I view a product on my iPhone this problem occurs, if I refresh the same page a couple of times, then it solves the problem & it works as expected?

If I switch to protostar & disable VMuikit, all works on the small device OK & as expected.

Please can you provide any help/ideas for me.
I included the staging2 copy site admin deatils & FTP that is now running VM3.0.18 & VMuikit 3.2.6
Staging copy uses no Caching or Cloudflare CDN as the live site does, so this also eliminates these from the problem?

Here is a quick link to a product with variants for checking - bit.ly/2e29sms

EDIT - EXTRA INFO
I have an older site using Joomla 3.5.1, VM 3.0.9 VMuikit 3.0.5 & this site also has multi variant.
Using this site on an iPhone, you can select the varaint OK & order the product. I tested updating this to Joomla 3.6.4, VMuikit 3.2.6 & VM3.0.16.
Once Updated we get the same problem here too.
Old site where this works - bit.ly/2fvLL7c
Same site with all the updates - bit.ly/2fd9QvT

Also I Posted a similar issue a few months back here - vmuikit.com/forum/support-forum/752-prob...h-multivariants#3847
& I confirm that both these sites have been tested with any overides switched off.

Thanks in advance.
Andy

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 9 months ago 2 years 9 months ago by wnmedia.
More
Cant order products with multivariant on iOS/ Android #4581
Hello
we checked both link given by you. it seams custom variant works with out error.

More
Topic Author
Cant order products with multivariant on iOS/ Android #4582
First, Please can you remove the images of this site in your last post - Thanks.

If you check the site URL that I added to the admin details (along with FTP, etc) in an iOS phone or android phone at the smaller screen sizes, this shows a product with multiple variants - heres a quick link bit.ly/2f9rlzc

This has been reported by many different customers & checked on multiple devices at multiple connections by myself & site administrators too..
This test doesn't work by just shrinking down the screen, testing in blisk or other browser related settings for testing mobile devices.
This can only be tested/reproduced on an actual mobile device & seems to work if you look at the page twice or refresh the page.

What happens when I test this (and others, on different devices/connections) is I can select the 1st option, but then cant select a 2nd option, as noting shows up in the dropdown? Therfore the "Choose a Variant" stays in place.
If I refresh this page once or twice, I can then select the variants as normal & order the product.

If this works for yoyu on a mobile device, navigate to another product and you will see the same issue.

As in my original post this is happening on all MultiVariant products on this site & also happens in the updated version of the Lambretta site.
The Lambretta site currently still uses VMuikit 3.0.5 & this work fine in this version every time, but in the updated link I sent, we updated to Vm3.0.16, vmuikt 3.2.6, etc and the problem then occurs there too.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

2 years 9 months ago
More
Topic Author
Cant order products with multivariant on iOS/ Android #4594
Hi There,
I really hate to bump posts, but I feel like this problem is crippling me a the moment & need some input from you guys.

As per my previous posts, I have tested this thoroughly on different devices, on different internet connections & can only be seen using an actual mobile device.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

2 years 9 months ago 2 years 9 months ago by DragonJoli.
More
Cant order products with multivariant on iOS/ Android #4597
Sorry for delay and no problem to bump.

I tried in a Samsung Galaxy S7 here - staging1.lambrettaclothing.co.uk/clothin...rew-neck-tee-navy-lc and it seems to work just fine changing the size of the t-shirt to UK S, change to UK L, change back etc.

We also tried in a Moto G (third version - also Android) and it behaves good there too.

Can you explain what it is that is not working for you?

Is there suppose to come antoher dropdown after the "size" is chosen?

More
Topic Author
Cant order products with multivariant on iOS/ Android #4602
I personally have only tested with iPhone6, 6Plus & iPad mini & relied upon my client who said it was tested on android too.
This issue definitely happens on iPhone, for all the links I sent earlier & regardless on what internet connection.
Links to the 2 sites are totally separate sites on separate servers.

This specific link - bit.ly/2f9rlzc - Is for a product where there are multiple variants to select & what I see is that I can select the first variant, but then the second variant doesn't show any options.

In a case where it does work, navigate to another product & then you see the issue again. If I look at this link in my iPhone & id doesn't work, I can refresh 1 or 2 times and then it works.

I tested this with all caching off - Here is same link with all caching off - bit.ly/2g9EDNj

SCREENSHOT
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ju5b7ryh2lasp7u/problem.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s9q5p0pkizzr0c1/after.jpg?dl=0

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

2 years 9 months ago
More
Cant order products with multivariant on iOS/ Android #4612
I need to borrow a Iphone I believe.
Here is how all works fine in my Galaxy s7... its different from Iphone?
Attachments:

More
Topic Author
Cant order products with multivariant on iOS/ Android #4614
:S - It happens consistently for me on iPhone.
If it works, I move to another product & it doesn't work again.

I just tested this link & others on this site - bit.ly/2g9EDNj on a Samsung Galaxy Device using the core chrome app & the same problem persists for me.

Screenshot of galaxy device;
www.dropbox.com/s/ahi74xqx69rrr12/IMG_8184.JPG?dl=0

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds