Problem after update to VM 3.0.14 with multivariants

3 years 5 months ago
More
Topic Author
Problem after update to VM 3.0.14 with multivariants #3842
When I update Virtumeart to 3.0.14 & view a product that has multivariant children products, there is a problem.

When selecting the dropdown for a multivariant, I can choose an option, but nothing happens, the page doesn't refresh for me to select another option (if available) or to add to cart, as "Add a Variant" message stays in place.

I can confirm that this works perfect in the same server environment with 3.0.12 , so not sure what has changed.

VM3.0.12 site with MV working - bit.ly/1Vfubk4C
VM3.0.14 site with MV not working - bit.ly/1UiGjkC

I notice that when you select a variant in the 3.0.14 site the end of the URL changes to something different rather than changing to the URL of the child product?

I have tested this with vmuikit disabled & multivarinats work fine.

I added a forum post to virtuemart too & Max was quick to point out its a jQuery issue.
I also use jqueryeasy, so not sure where the problem lies

This site is using the latest 3.1.6 vmuikt as of midday 17th March 2016

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 5 months ago
More
Problem after update to VM 3.0.14 with multivariants #3843
Hello
I checked in our demo server. it works there. one java-script file not included in your site which needed for multi variant.
Make sure you are using latest virtue mart.
send us ftp details if still not working.

Thanks

3 years 5 months ago
More
Topic Author
Problem after update to VM 3.0.14 with multivariants #3844
Javascript fie not included? Which one, where?

This is a staging copy of a live site using VM3.0.12 & VMuikit 3.1.5
I copied the site to staging, updated Virtuemart to latest 3.0.14 & immediately saw the problem - still using vmuikit 3.1.5

Then I tested with VMUIKIT disabled & noticed that it all worked fine, so then I updated vmuikit to 3.1.6 where problem still persists.

So if this is because of a missing javascript file, what file is missing & where from?

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

3 years 5 months ago
More
Problem after update to VM 3.0.14 with multivariants #3846
Hi,
Please download latest files and use.

3 years 5 months ago
More
Topic Author
Problem after update to VM 3.0.14 with multivariants #3847
OK Thanks I will test this later on today.

If this is relative to a missing javascript file in Virtuemart, is there some information I can pass onto Max at Virtuemart to see why its missing & maybe suggest a solution?
I have an open forum thread at VM, which he will respond to as I am a paid up Virtuemart Supporter

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

3 years 4 months ago 3 years 4 months ago by .
More
Topic Author
Problem after update to VM 3.0.14 with multivariants #3906
Any help/advice here?
I cannot upgrade to latest versions at the moment.

EDIT - Thats Odd, I replied to Mani's last post yesterday (29th March 2016), but the post seems to have disappeared?

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

3 years 4 months ago 3 years 4 months ago by .
More
Problem after update to VM 3.0.14 with multivariants #3908
Andy, they have been updating the forum and some posts have gone a bit bananas. I'm sure Claes and Mani are doing their best to fix it. Busy time... VM is updated again... Well as you know..., I now noticed. That is perhaps why you have this problem. I think VMuikit doesn't support VM3.0.14. Not quite yet.

3 years 4 months ago
More
Topic Author
Problem after update to VM 3.0.14 with multivariants #3909
Adding this again as post seems to have disappeared, with your forum update?

I have set up a new copy of the staging site (details added to admin fields).
Updated Vm to 3.0.14 & VMuikit to latest available 3.1.6 & still get the same issue with the URL when a variant is selected.

Please can you advise what I can do to fix this, as I am not able to update to VM3.0.14 & VMuikit 3.1.6 & I would like to get these updates done, so that I can also update to J3.5 & PHP7 :)

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

3 years 4 months ago
More
Problem after update to VM 3.0.14 with multivariants #3912
I am not sure if this is the same problem or related to ...

When I used VM 3.0.14 with the latest VMuikit and variants, the drop down does not work and therefore I cannot select an option and naturally the prices are not updated. With VMuikit disabled ie default VM, it works as expected. We have fixed this temporarily by applying the following to our template custom.css
.chzn-drop { /* workaround */
width: 100% !important;

The problem was not that it didn't work but that the code (I assuming JS) was not picking up the width of the first option like it would normally. With this the drop down works properly and we can select an option to update the price.

3 years 4 months ago
More
Topic Author
Problem after update to VM 3.0.14 with multivariants #3915
I have tried xpozay idea in my staging2 site & this doesn't work for me (cleared all caches, etc)
When selecting variant, the variant URL is still messed up, so that users cannot add to cart or select a 2nd variant where available.

Please can you help/look into this ASAP, as am really looking forward to testing VM3.0.14 & using J3.5 with PHP7

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds