More
Topic Author
OffCanvas Cart + fixed Navbar breaks Navbar on IPhone 6 with IOS 9 #2953
Dear all

Joomla 3.4.4
VM 3.0.10
VMuikit 3.0.6
offcanvas cart 1.0.1

We have been testing the offcanvas cart on mobiles recently. We have noticed an issue which plagues Iphone 6 with IOS9 (but also Iphone 5 with IOS8, independently of the browser used.
The problem does not manifest itself when using recent Android-based phones.
This is a problem with we believe Uikit in general (it becomes apparent when using the uk-offcanvas-bar-flip modifier, as is done by the OffCanvas Cart module)

The Problem: using Fixed Navbar (in several Yootheme templates, we have tried Moreno and EAT, where it is particularly apparent) + Right Offcanvas causes the navbar to break.
Specifically:
1. scroll down a page, open the right offcanvas/cart
2. close the cart then the navbar gets "stuck" halfway through the screen

Examples / Videos of the problem in action (Iphone 6 / IOS 9.0.2)

EAT with Empty Cart
EAT with full Cart
MORENO with full Cart

We wrote about this issue on the Yootheme forum a number of times, but received unsatisfactory answers
yootheme.com/support/question/84817
yootheme.com/support/question/85106

Has anyone had the same problem? Can anyone help by putting pressure on the people at Yootheme (who do not answer their forums efficiently at all)?
This is quite a major functionality / design issue - even if I understand that people might be annoyed by the fact it's apparently an Iphone issue, we cannot present a website with to customers with this glitch.

Thank you all very much in advance for your help/suggestions etc.

Giacomo Bruzzo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 10 months ago
More
OffCanvas Cart + fixed Navbar breaks Navbar on IPhone 6 with IOS 9 #2965
We are working on some of these issues... some of them are actually UIkit issues and needs to be addressed to YOOtheme team. Very good that you are on them too and we will also. We keep you updated.

We have done several updatse to offcanvas, klarna module and onepage plugin so we have fixed some issue that have been there before but some Iphone stuff we just cant find a work around too. Without YOOthemes help.

3 years 10 months ago
More
Topic Author
OffCanvas Cart + fixed Navbar breaks Navbar on IPhone 6 with IOS 9 #2967
Dear Claes

I completely understand and thank you for this effort - here is the link to my latest post on the yootheme forums about the problem
yootheme.com/support/question/89526
I am hoping they will answer, but usually they do not or answer with generic panaceas (which is a bit frustrating)

it is annoyingly a mainly Iphone / Safari mobile problem. Iphone 6 with Chrome only has the problem intermittently. Apple it seems is becoming more and more like Microsoft was years ago. Uffff
I tested on Android (Sony phone) and it was glitch free (and super smooth)
More generally It seems all animations are more "flickering" on the Iphone with IOS8/9

Giacomo

3 years 10 months ago
More
OffCanvas Cart + fixed Navbar breaks Navbar on IPhone 6 with IOS 9 #2968
Yes, Apple always say the follow standards etc but then they change charger (not to a standard even like ÁLL other brands) and start to have browser problems like this... I have emaild YOOtheme to .. thanks for the videos.

YOOtheme is pretty "Iphone friendly" so I think its in their highest interest to make sure offcanvas from right works with fixed navbar etc. And having it working so good in Android just shows that there is a big problem somewhere. The problem could actually be in Apples browser too which would make it hard for YOOtheme too. And then it would be Apple that needs to fix things. But that is a harder nut to crack.

3 years 10 months ago
More
Topic Author
OffCanvas Cart + fixed Navbar breaks Navbar on IPhone 6 with IOS 9 #2971
Someone (from Support?) answered the question on the Yootheme forums.

But, alas, it does not seem to be an answer. I am, as ever, confused.

yootheme.com/support/question/89526

Giacomo

3 years 10 months ago
More
OffCanvas Cart + fixed Navbar breaks Navbar on IPhone 6 with IOS 9 #2972
I have added your question to the GitHub issues (hope that was OK). thats where they really take care off "issues" .. support foum is more of "helping out" webmastert etc to get things going.

Limitations to UIkit is not really a good place to take in support forums. We need to get to the programmers that built it and make them understand that this is a big problem. right off-canvas with sticky menubar should work for sure. It is a true limitation and something that we could call bug. And as its only Apple related makes it even more obvious that there is a fix or something is needed to be done.

3 years 10 months ago
More
Topic Author
OffCanvas Cart + fixed Navbar breaks Navbar on IPhone 6 with IOS 9 #2974
I saw the comment, absolutely fine. Do anything necessary to hopefully get their attention!

regards

giacomo

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds