Skip Manufacturer details page

4 years 1 month ago
More
Topic Author
Skip Manufacturer details page #2161
There is something I have on my wish list. It's probably a Virtuemart core issue, but I'll mention it here anyway. Hopefully someone has a tip on this one, if it isn't anything vmuikit can fix in the near future, if ever possible.

I really don't see the point in the intermediate step to manufacturer's details page, when a visitor clicks on a manufacturer link or better to describe as "brand". I would prefer the Brand name with a logo and underneath a list of all this brand's products. As it is now, the visitor need to click on a manufacturer link twice. ("Se all products of this man...")

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 1 month ago
More
Skip Manufacturer details page #2169
Yes, I think you are right that this is a bad idea from Virtuemarts part that having a landing page for the brand. Im guessing it is because of SEO .. you can have a very long text with h1, h2,h3 and paragraps about the brand and then get pretty good Google searches on that page.

There is no easy solution. You cna however just redirect the page. There is a redirect function in Joomla in the Components menu. You can also use things like sh404sef etc and other SEO componentes for jooml. Or redirect componente like ReDJ etc.

Look at our demos:
The Canon page: vm3.vmuikit.com/manufacturers/canon
The all Canon prodcuts: vm3.vmuikit.com/manufacturer/canon

Its really just the s in SEF url that is diffrent ... so if you redirect the vm3.vmuikit.com/manufacturers/canon -> vm3.vmuikit.com/manufacturer/canon you should be good to go.
The following user(s) said Thank You betterlead

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds