A few problems inside One Page Checkout

4 years 4 months ago 4 years 4 months ago by .
More
Topic Author
A few problems inside One Page Checkout #1689
I updated to use VMuikit for the first time today and while everything seems to work as I need it too, I have a few problem or maybe suggestions for the OPC plugin.

1- As you can see from the below attached screenshots, I have set up 2 payment methods, with "Sagepay" ordered in first place, but whenever I get to the checkout page I see "Paypal" automatically selected.
If this needs to be selected, I would prefer "sagepay" to be selected first, but ideally I would like to see all payment methods available.

2 - Similar issue with shipment methods, when I first get to checkout page, shipping shows as "no shipment methods set up"
The only way this seems to work is if I am logged in as a user that has already shopped or I scroll all the way down the screen and select UK/England and then refresh the page.
This is not good for customers.

3 - If I select a country that we don't support. i.e USA, the shipping remains the same & will not change until we refresh the page - when we then get the message "No Shipping method set up".

4 - On a normal size computer screen, when purchasing only one product, this is a LONG screen & I personally think it can be presented better, with maybe all the boxes stacked.

I also think that the payment & shipment methods should all be visible & placed below the address/customer info & maybe handles by AJAX, so that when the customer add his address as UK/ England, the shipping box, should change to display all the available options for that country.
Same for payment methods

I would be really interested in knowing your thoughts on this, I know you are trying to produce a clean fast uikit based one page solution, that inevitably cant please everyone, but I assume that my recommendations would suit everyone & make the OPC much cleaner looking?

Thanks in advance,
Andy

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 4 months ago
More
A few problems inside One Page Checkout #1702
We are working on your points ... and we are soon done here.

The last one is an issue and we have some ideas to make it abit shorter. I E to open Shipment address in modal. And maybe hide Comment udner a modal button too ... to shorten some.

4 years 4 months ago
More
A few problems inside One Page Checkout #1703
But some length is not a big issue I think... its pretty useful having it liek that ... and soemthimes its possible to hide the payment and shipment panels

4 years 4 months ago
More
A few problems inside One Page Checkout #1704
I totally agree with Andy on all points and especially:
All shipping methods and payments should be visible at the first sight so that the customer can easily choose his favorite one in a while, moreover all fields (boxes) should be placed in the page's body instead of the right column in order to keep the whole page within a reasonnable height.

4 years 4 months ago
More
A few problems inside One Page Checkout #1707
We will look at maybe having the country selection in the absolute top.

And perhaps having a hover rip on the payment and shipment modules of available shipments.

I think this layout can work with some work :)

Thanks for your ideas.. We are really trying to get a perfect fit for most here

4 years 4 months ago
More
A few problems inside One Page Checkout #1708
Yes that could be a solution.
A point to consider should be, in my opinion, that the customer is 'forced' to choose some payment and shipping methods because if we leave something as default (let's say 'in-store pickup' as shipping method), some distracted customer could not click 'Change' and make the order with 'in-store pickup' while he needs the delivery of the item.

4 years 4 months ago
More
A few problems inside One Page Checkout #1709
Check this screenshot I attached of a possible layout:

When country is not selected the Payment and Shipemnt modules will be "disabled" (greyed out) with a text "Choose Country" only. Then after selection of country payment/shipments will be choosen accordingly.

When then hovering one of the payment or shipment panels there will be a tooltip that shows available shipmaents/payments. But they will have to click the change to choose another one. The pre selected will be chosen by Virtuemart as usual.

You guys think this would work?

We are also adding a poistion called "vmuikit-promo" that will be under the cart "mainbody" so that there could be filled out things like "related products", ,ost sold products, or other information. so that you can fill this white space with "good stuff" ? ... Are you guys with me?
Attachments:

4 years 4 months ago
More
A few problems inside One Page Checkout #1710
here with the position

Attachments:

4 years 4 months ago
More
Topic Author
A few problems inside One Page Checkout #1711
The country selection could be a good solution, but unless you are ordering more than 4-5 product the page still seems to long.

Also if you select UK, you then have to select, Scotand, Wales, England, NI, etc and similar for USA

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

4 years 4 months ago 4 years 4 months ago by DragonJoli.
More
A few problems inside One Page Checkout #1713
I know and Im also abit feeling liek "it is abit long" but there is also a part of "functionality" that trumps some visual pleasure ...

With the onepage-promo position adding whatever I think its very effective to have all options, settings, user info in one column down. It leaves no room for mistake.

Check this image.. .we can add another position in the top: to fill with Things like "How to check out" .. A 1 - 2 - 3 check list whatever... Just liek a banner or some Payment/shipment banners...

What do you think ?

If Shipment is fillled and/or Note is added we make it green and with a check icon so its clear its been added.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.337 seconds