Switch off override for shopping basket (and payment process)

2 years 4 months ago
More
Topic Author
Switch off override for shopping basket (and payment process) #5076
Version 3.3.0 / no onepage checkout
VirtueMart 3.0.18
I keep running into TOS issues, possibly limited to mobile devices. Very difficult to reproduce but I have several clients contacting me they can't buy/pay. How can I switch off the override for the shopping basket and payment steps so I ca test with the clean virtuemart steps while not losing product override presentation?
Regards,
Patrick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 4 months ago
More
Switch off override for shopping basket (and payment process) #5078
Hello
its working well in our demo servers. If you want to basic virtuemart layout for shopping, then do the following steps.
copy the all files in "components/com_virtuemart/views/cart" folder to
"templates/<YOUR TEMPLATE NAME>/html/cart" .
and enable html override in vmuikit settings.

2 years 3 months ago
More
Topic Author
Switch off override for shopping basket (and payment process) #5116
Hi Mani,
Running the VM native templates for the webshop has solved the problem for my client. Visitors no longer experience having to agree to terms multiple times and sometimes getting stuck on mobile devices. This has all been confirmed using different tracking software to see the actual behavior of visitors on the website.
Since I have always used your plugin without any adaptations or customization it seems there is an issue within the checkout process. Apart from the cost of your extension it has cost me a lot of time to try and debug the problem and in communicating about it with the client. The only parts left for me to use are the alternative layouts for the products and payment module. I hope you can understand that I am not at all pleased with this. I also believe that users may experience the same problems without realizing the issue since it isn't always an issue. It will cost them turnover as it has my client!
Regards, Patrick

2 years 3 months ago
More
Switch off override for shopping basket (and payment process) #5117
Hello
sorry to hear that its not working to you.
can you enable vmuikit one page again ? so i can check in different browser. it works good in local and demo server.
it will be good if you add admin pass. so i can disable when i finish testing.
Thanks

2 years 3 months ago
More
Topic Author
Switch off override for shopping basket (and payment process) #5118
Hi Mani,
I cannot change it back on a live website where I'm finally happy that the problem is solved. The problem also occurred when the OnePage checkout was disabled and your VMuikit override was active for the normal step by step checkout (I had hoped that would solve it but it didm't). That's why I reverted back to native VM.
Like I mentioned before, I believe the issue is mainly with mobile browsers. I have always run up to date versions of VM/VMuikit 3/Joomla and no fancy plugins or overrides.
Regards,
Patrick

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds